Please know that we will always respect your privacy, your email address, and any other information you provide. Your information will never be sold, rented, traded or misused in any way. You will always have a quick and easy option to stop receiving our emails. An ‘Unsubscribe’ option is always available on our periodic informational emails.
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Google Analytics with anonymized IP
Personal Data: Cookies and Website Usage Data
Contacting the User
- Website Contact form
Personal Data: email address and first name
- ActiveCampaign: Mailing list or newsletter
Personal Data: email address, first name and Usage Data
- InMotion Hosting
Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Facebook Like button and social widgets
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Acuity Scheduling
Personal Data: email address, first name, last name
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Owner and Data Controller
Terry Maluk, PO Box 1343, Greenville, South Carolina, USA 29602
There are two sections to the following information:
- What Personal Information Is Collected? – the type of data that is collected or used, including when, how and why
- Your Rights – all the ways that you can control what happens with your data
What Personal Information Is Collected?
When you request a free gift, purchase programs or materials from this site, or provide or verify your credit card, we may collect personal information such as your name, address, email address or credit card number. This enables us to both fulfill and support the programs or materials you purchase. We imply that you consent to our collecting this information and using it for that specific reason only.
When you make an enquiry
The name and contact details you provide, and the content of your message(s) are retained for three reasons:
- By your consent
- As part of a ‘contract’ (while we work together)
- For legitimate business interests – for good business practice I have a record of who has made contact before and the topics of interest.
When you make an online purchase as a single purchase, a membership or subscription
This is a contract for services. Your contact details are dealt with as above (consent, contract, legitimate reasons) – as well as your purchase history and the payment details (PayPal).
When you attend a workshop or training
All of the above applies. We also keep record of your attendance, on the legal bases of both contract and legitimate interest – so that we may confirm your attendance status, also so that we can send you updates or offers which may be of specific interest to you as previous attendee.
When we work 1:1
Dependent on the work, you may wish (or need) to provide personal details of a sensitive nature:
- As an intake form these data are retained in electronic format and include your contact details and where appropriate, electronic signature.
- As session notes these are scant memos for the purpose of fulfilling our contract and keeping tabs on the work during the session and from one session to the next, filed separately with only initials and date as identifiers so that no other person may connect these details alone to your personal identity.
Other data sources:
Incoming data is also received from our website hosting company InMotion. When you browse our website, we may automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address and other data from Google Analytics in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so we can better serve our site pages and improve your experience. In addition, data may come from PayPal, Skype, or Zoom.
Will My Information Be Shared?
No. We never sell, rent, or share your information with anybody, ever. We take the protection of your information very seriously. We may only disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or by your consent.
Affiliated Web Sites
From time to time, we may share resources such as books, programs, references, or other free or paid information from other web sites. If you choose to visit any of these web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those sites you choose to link to from our site so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on web sites outside of our site.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of web sites.
We take all reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Changes to this Statement
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users may object to the processing of their Personal Data for direct marketing purposes at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided above in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month of receipt.